Powered by Blogger.

Henny J


Henny Jonasson is a model from Sweden who’s been interested in fashion her entire life, “Fashion means everything to me. As it pretty much is my entire life”. I have to be honest and say that I am a little envious since she’s living the life I dreamed of as a young girl. “My interest in fashion began the way I believe it does for a lot of young children, in my mothers closet”.

“When I wake up in the morning, the first thing that I usually do is to check the weather app on my phone”, why do I never do this? Henny continued, “After that I base my clothing on the mood I am in that morning […] What I always want to express with my style is an effortless feeling of femininity”.

“I think the reason people first started to get interested in fashion and why people still keep getting interested in fashion is how easily you can express yourself […] That is the reason I think a lot of people find fashion such an important part of their everyday life, the need to express themselves”, it’s certainly a need everyone has but I’ve never realised that’s why I dress the way I dress, to fulfil a need.

“The worst thing about fashion is how blind we are to how much it actually impacts our environment”, I smiled reading this, pleased to know that this is soaring through the fashion world. “Right now fast fashion is the second largest polluter in the world, and somehow we seem to turn our heads and look another way”, this must be frustrating, working in the middle of it. “Do I really need these jeans for £5 that will most likely break in a month? Or can I maybe afford to invest in a really good pair that will last me literally forever?” Hopefully, with more inspiring women like Henny taking a stand, clothes might stop being viewed as disposable goods.



Henny looking stunning in my favourite pictures of her from Stockholmsgruppen

No comments