Powered by Blogger.

Carin McCormac


Carin McCormac has been one of my biggest inspirations over the last couple of years, she works at ATP Atelier in PR and Communications and has her own blog. I couldn't possibly put into words how much it means to me that she agreed to be featured here, her style is perfect to me, she dares to take that extra step with her outfits, creating pieces of art. Some might think it looks a little crazy, but that's the way I like it, “I try to mix items that are a bit unexpected. Like a washed out army t-shirt with diamond earrings […] There’s a day-to-day struggle between the tomboy and the BeyoncĂ© in me.” 

“Oh my God, I'm so tired... What looks cool?”, is how Carin describes her morning struggle and I can't do anything but smile and nod agreeing.

Carin’s interest in fashion started as a teenager, a similar time frame to me; I remember what my own room used to look like, and still does from time to time, when I spent an unending amount of hours going through my closet, “The best (and worst) part of your teenage years is the endless number of looks you go through”.


The reasons Carin ended up in fashion are quite simple, “It’s an industry that’s always interested me. But I think I’m more interested in the process where clothes or accessories turn in to fashion and why, rather than the actual collections and clothes”. Fashion is an incredible tool for storytelling without having to say much and I guess that's why I'm trying to put it into words with Why Fashion.

“It’s what unites us, but also what separates us” rings so true in my own personal relationship with fashion, for years finding my own style was a huge stress factor for me. She further explains, “Because, besides our words, it’s the way we express ourselves. We go through all these stages in our lives, where we have different styles and aesthetics. We use our clothes as a mean of communication, to show others what music we’re in to, what politics we stand for or to show economic wealth. It concerns all of us”. 

“The best thing for me is that it's fun. It sounds SO banal, but it gives me such joy, inspiration and food for thought”, is how Carin describes the best thing about fashion and I definitely agree. When I manage to put together that perfect outfit or if I see it on someone else, I just can't for the life of me stop looking or smiling.

Fashion is no longer just what you buy, it’s you telling your own story and I find Carin McCormac's story incredibly inspiring. Thank you Carin, for being you.

Some of my favourite outfits by Carin


No comments