Powered by Blogger.

Linda Nyberg

Sipping on a slightly too cold cappuccino on my way to Christmas celebrations with my family, I realised that I haven’t properly introduced myself to you. I haven’t told you who I am, why I created this blog or the purpose of me sharing my thoughts with you. Over the not so white Christmas and New Year spent in bed I decided to start 2018 with a post featuring myself.
Me in my current favourite boots from Top Shop (wishing they were a different pair from Céline...)
I grew up with three siblings, two older sisters and a younger brother. My sisters are four and five years older than me, so from an early age I started “borrowing” their clothes. I remember that one of my sisters had a pair of black platform sandals that I was craving. Every now and then I would sneak into her closet and put them on, of course they were too big for me given the age difference, so I kept asking mum how long she thought I would have to wait until they fit me. I was very picky with my clothes, I refused to wear the same outfit two days in a row already when I was five years old and I could not for the life of me understand why mum wouldn’t let me wear red and pink together.


Me in the checked suit from H&M and my Pulp Fiction t-shirt
To be honest I can’t really put the reason why I am so interested in fashion into words. I believe that’s why I decided to create Why Fashion. I’ve just never been able to stop noticing what people wear or to stop thinking about my next outfit. I’ve collected crazy amounts of fashion magazines and books over the years that made a great nightstand when I first moved away from home. Putting together that perfect outfit just makes me so incredibly happy. I would like to go back to what Carin McCormac said when I featured her, “the best thing about fashion is that it’s fun”, it’s just the best way to describe how I feel when I get to do what I love. I have a very emotional attachment to fashion and it affects my life so much that I’ve never really thought about why it actually interests me and that’s why I don’t just want to share my interest and outfits with you, but other people’s too, to better understand the industry and the psychology behind it at the same time as we have fun.

When I’ve featured people here I’ve asked almost all of them how they would describe their own style because I can’t answer that question about myself. It’s ever-changing depending on my mood but I do think my punk side always shines through a little bit. I do however like the unexpected and crazy in an outfit even though I play it safe from time to time. I certainly consider fashion my most important creative outlet and I can’t imagine a world without it.


Me playing it safe, posing and freezing..
Over the past four years I’ve started rebuilding my closet. I have to say it’s been incredibly frustrating to focus on the classic and timeless basics as new trends set in when you have a limited student budget. There’s been times I’ve gone months without reading my favourite blogs or going into shops because I’ve tried to save up for a quality piece. Absolutely horrible at the time, but so worth it. I’m still mid process but I’ve built it up enough now that I can start experimenting again and I believe that made me even more keen to start blogging. Some of my most used pieces at the moment include the checked suit from H&M, a Pulp Fiction t-shirt and a pair of boots from Top Shop. However, I’m longing to dress for spring and for the day it’ll be easier to get my hands on the pieces I want. Speaking of getting the pieces I want, I sometimes stop and question myself when I’m about to purchase something. What’s the long term gain from buying something out of emotion rather than rationality? I still can’t answer that question fully but my emotional part of the brain tends to win as I visualise my future outfits.
 
Then I got tired of posing..
I’m so excited to start this new year with you and do what I love at the same time as I finish my education. Since the Christmas and New Year celebrations turned into a flu I apologise for the lack of posts. I’m back on my feet now and I look forward to feature more inspiring people in fashion and to share my thoughts with you.

No comments